How to Open Ports for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Using Port Forwarding
When you play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, you might experience connection problems. They can slow down your game, and generally make the multiplayer experience less fun.
There’s an easy way to fix that, though. Enabling port forwarding for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 will make your connection to the game’s servers more direct, and should improve the stability of your connection. In this guide, we’ll show you how.
Quickly & Safely Open Ports behind CGNAT using PureVPN
Opening a port behind CGNAT shouldn’t be complicated. With the Port Forwarding add-on, it’s as simple as 1, 2, and 3!
Ports Needed To Run Modern Warfare 4
First of all, you’re going to need the ports that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 uses. Here they are:
Ports To Forward On PC – Windows
Ports To Forward On PlayStation 3
Ports To Forward On Xbox 360
How to Enable Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Port Forwarding
The basic process for enabling port forwarding is to tell your router to forward these ports. But you’re going to need some extra details first.
Before you forward the ports, collect all this info:
- Your router’s IP address
- The IP address of your PC or console
- The ports that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 uses. Those are in the list above
Now that’s done, we can forward the ports. Here’s what you need to do:
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- On your console or PC, open a web browsing session
- In the address bar, paste your router’s IP address
- Hit go, and you’ll see your router’s settings menu
- In here, find the port forwarding section
- Your router will ask for a few details to forward the ports for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.
- So paste your router’s IP address into the right box
- And then copy your PC or console’s IP address into the other box
- Now it needs to know which ports you want to forward. These are in the list above, so paste them in as well
- Finally, restart your router
PureVPN’s Port Forwarding Add-on
Easy & Secured Way to Open All Ports
Enabling port forwarding for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, or any other game, is easier with PureVPN’s port forwarding add-on. You can forward ports in just a few clicks, in fact.
That means you can get on with playing, and not waste time messing around with your settings.
Benefits of Using PureVPN Port Forwarding Add-On
The port forwarding add-on also give you a number of other useful features:
- You can forward your ports from any device, because the add-on works with your phone and tablet
- P2P downloads will be faster, including torrents.
- The port forwarding add-on also works with CGNAT (Carrier Grade Network Address Translation)
- Easily get around CGNAT (Carrier-grade NAT)
Further Port Forwarding Guides
- PC Gaming Port Forwading
- Players Unknown Battleground
- Apex Legends
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops 4
- Battlefield V: Firestorm
- Arma 3
- Destiny 2
- Fantasy Grounds
- For Honor
- Rocket League
- League of Legends
- Port Forwarding For Games
- Dead by Daylight
- Among Us
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III
- Call of Duty: Warzone
- Dota 2
- ARK Survival Evolved
- Age of Empire 3
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
- eFootball PES 2020
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
- Diablo III