How to Delete Tinder Account
If you’re looking to hook up, start dating, or find a long-term relationship, Tinder is easily one of the best-known dating apps around. It boasts a whopping 30 billion matches to date and has changed the way people from around the world find love.
But while Tinder allows you to scout for and meet up with matches, using the app doesn’t come without its share of privacy concerns. So, whether you want to start over or have had enough of it, follow this guide to know how to delete your Tinder account.
You may also be looking for extra privacy measures. If so, then look no further. Give PureVPN a try and enjoy unlimited online privacy and security.
Table of Content
- How to Delete Tinder Account on Android or iOS?
- How to Delete Tinder Account without App?
- How to Disconnect Tinder Account from Facebook?
- How to Temporarily Hide Your Tinder Profile?
- Want to reclaim your online privacy? You might want to check below guides
Tinder is a popular dating app mobile app that uses your mobile device’s location along with other pieces of information from your profile to help you find matches in your area. Basically, it allows users to “swipe right” for profiles they like and “swipe left” for the ones they dislike. If both parties swipe right, they both can chat and even meet up.
The app makes being single more fun and has the potential to help you find the ONE, but it also collects more information about you than you may know, including:
- Basic information, such as your name, physical address, telephone number, and email address.
- Your account information for Facebook, provided that you have signed up for Tinder using Facebook.
- Your location whenever you use the Tinder app.
How to Delete Tinder Account on Android or iOS?
To delete your Tinder account from within the Android or iOS app, follow these steps:
Tap on the Tinder icon to open it.
Tap Profile icon in the top left corner to access your Tinder profile.
Scroll to the bottom and then tap Delete Account.
Tap DELETE to proceed with the deletion of your Tinder account.
Select reason for deleting Tinder from the given options to get it done.
Your Tinder Account is deleted.
How to Delete Tinder Account without App?
If you have uninstalled the Tinder app and don’t wish to re-install it, you can also delete your Tinder account from your web browser. Simply follow these steps:
- Visit Tinder website in your browser and log into your account using your credentials. If you have previously logged in from your Facebook account, that works too. If you haven’t though, make sure you don’t because it will create a new account for you.
- After logging in, click My Profile on the top left corner to access your account settings.
- Scroll to the bottom and click Delete Account, which is the last option on this page.
- Click DELETE ACCOUNT to proceed with the deletion of your Tinder account.
- You may also be asked to choose a reason for deleting Tinder.
How to Disconnect Tinder Account from Facebook?
To remove Tinder permissions from Facebook, follow these steps:
- Log into your Facebook account.
- Click the small triangle in the top right corner and select Settings.
- Select Apps and Websites.
- Scan the list to find Tinder and then check the box next to it.
- Click Remove to revoke its permissions.
How to Temporarily Hide Your Tinder Profile?
If you don’t want to delete your Tinder account and are looking to temporarily hide your profile instead, you’ll have to turn off the “Discovery” feature. Simply follow these steps:
- Tap the Tinder icon to open it.
- Tap the Profile icon in the top left corner to access your Tinder profile.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Show me on Tinder to turn it off.
Want to reclaim your online privacy? You might want to check below how to delete your account guides of social media platforms:
- How to delete my account of Skype
- How to delete zoom account
- How to delete youtube video
- How to delete discord account
- How to Remove Gmail Account from Your Smart Device
- How to Delete Your Google Search History Permanently
- How to Stop Someone from Spying On Your Cell Phone
- How to Permanently Delete Your Yahoo Account
- How to Delete Google Photos
- How to Protect Your Webcam from Being Hacked
- Delete Firefox Search Browsing History
- How to Hide Browser History from ISP
- How to Wipe A Phone
- How to Spoof your Location
- How to Delete Your Google Voice History
- How to Delete Safari on Mac or iOS
- How to Delete Pokémon Go Account Permanently
- How to Uninstall Dropbox from Your Desktop or Mobile