How to Change your Gmail Password
The simplest way to boost online security is to change your passwords. Most people use Gmail every day and may find it hard to change their passwords. In this guide, we will explain how you can easily change the Gmail password on any device.<.br>
Online security matters a lot. Besides changing passwords, you must use some protection against hackers and other stalkers. Consider using a VPN for privacy.
Change your Gmail Password on Windows:
Log in to your Gmail account.
Click on the Settings gear button.
Choose Accounts and Import.
Choose “Change password.”
Enter your existing password.
Create a new password. Make it complex so hackers can’t access it.
Click on “OK, change password.”
Choose Get started.
Now you will receive an email notifying that your password has been changed.
Change your Gmail Password on an iPhone or Android:
The following steps work on both iOS and Android devices.
On your Gmail account, click the Settings option.
Choose “Manage your Google Account.”
Click on Security from the tabs.
Type in your existing password to confirm your identity.
Enter your new password details.
Now you have successfully changed or reset your Gmail password.
The Easiest Way to Protect Your Gmail account (Tips and Tricks)
Let’s just assume you are only using a single Gmail account for every possible log-in situation, be it Facebook, Tinder, Skype, or Netflix. This means you are trusting Gmail to protect your account information from hackers and internet service providers without making any effort.
This is a green light for unwanted people to easily penetrate your account and use your information to their advantage. That’s why you must have some kind of protection for your Gmail account. To make things easier for you, the following are a few tips to keep your Gmail account safe on its own:
Set a Recovery Email or Phone
First things first: this is an option for the worst-case scenario. When you forget your password or someone has hacked into your account, you can use the recovery phone or email to sign in to your Gmail account. Plus, you will receive a notification on your recovery email whenever you log into your primary Gmail account from another device.
Reduce the Number of Connected Devices
Not many people are aware of this. You must keep track of all the devices that are connected to your Gmail account. For instance, if you have previously logged into a Gmail account on an iPhone, then log out of your account or disconnect the iPhone from connected devices once you are done using it. If you see some new devices connected to your Gmail account, then your account might be hacked.
Set a Complex Password
Still using your girlfriend’s name as your password? Or your birthday? It’s time to step up your Gmail security. Don’t make it easy for hackers to guess your password by using a complex term that you can remember. If you forget your password often, then use 1Password or any other password manager for your ease.
Use Two-Factor Authentication
This is an easy way to boost security. In two-factor authentication, you have to use your password and another second form of authentication to log in to your Gmail account. The second form can be a text message on your phone, a 6-digit code, or Google Authenticator (authentication app). In this way, if someone knows your password, he or she can’t go further because of two-factor authentication.
Remove Apps that Access Your Gmail Account
Any app that can access your personal Gmail account can be a way for hackers and even third-party apps to maliciously use your data. When you click on “Check your account permissions”, you can see a list of apps and devices that are connected to your Gmail account. To revoke access, click on the Remove button and the device/app will no longer access your account details.
Forget your Gmail password? Here’s a way to recover it
You can easily confirm your identity to Gmail and recover your password if you don’t remember it. Plus, once you are done recovering your password, the account details will remain unchanged. All you have to do is follow the step-by-step procedure and get a new password for your Gmail account:
- Click on “Forgot password?”
- Enter the last password that you remember for your Gmail account.
- If you can successfully enter the last password that you remember using for your Gmail, then you will receive a code on your recovery email address.
- The code is a 6-digit number that you can use to reset the Gmail password and log in to your account once again.
- If you can’t successfully enter the last password that you remember for your Gmail, then click on “try a different question.”
- In this step, you have to answer the security question that you set when you first created this Gmail account.
- Once you are done with that, you can set a new password and easily log in to your Gmail account.
Best security practices to protect your passwords
Be as creative as you can be, there is a hacker out there that can still crack your Gmail password and access your personal details. That’s why you must create a strong and complex password for extra protection. Here are a few effective tips for securing your Gmail passwords:
- Avoid using your name, birthday, or girlfriend’s name
- Create a long and complex password but make sure you don’t forget it
- Avoid writing your password on sticky notes and use a password protector app instead
- Change your Gmail passwords after every 2 months so no one guesses your new password
- Use different passwords for multiple accounts… duh!
Don’t take your security for granted…
As we cover the latest topics on security, we know how important Gmail accounts and their passwords are for users. Hackers and data surveillance agencies can easily get a hold of your online identity regardless of the security protocols that you are using.
The best way to remain hidden online and protect your digital footprints is to use PureVPN, a reliable VPN. You can remain anonymous to everyone (ISPs, hackers, and surveillance agencies) if you are using a VPN as well as remain safe from malicious attacks.
- Don’t know anything about a VPN? Read all the comprehensive details here.
- Find out how LastPass is a reliable and easy-to-use password protector
Want to reclaim your online privacy? You might want to check below how to delete your account guides of social media platforms:
- How to delete TikTok Account
- How to delete or deactivate your Instagram Account
- How to Permanently Delete your Twitter Account
- How to Permanently Delete Kik Account
- How Does Facial Recognition Work
- How to Delete Your OkCupid Account Permanently
- How to Fix “Your Connection is Not Private” Error in Google Chrome
- How to Remove Exif and Metadata from Photos
- How to tell if Your Phone is hacked
- How to Uninstall Chromium
- How to Delete Facebook Messenger
- How to Delete Telegram Account
- How to Delete Tinder Account
- How To Close Your Amazon Account
- How to Delete WhatsApp Account Permanently